Future of this forum?

Administrators and moderators will put important messages here.

Moderator: Gunther

Gunther
Site Admin

Future of this forum?

Post#1 » Tue Feb 28, 2017 12:19 am

Hi guys,

What should I do with this forum? With the rise of social media (and I think mostly Facebook groups), forums like these have become abandoned ruins of an older internet.

In a couple of days I have to re-pay for the annual cost of webhosting & domainname. But, I'll be honest, I'm not that keen anymore on continuing investing personal money on something that has become obsolete.

What are your thought about this? (If anyone is still around in this eerie desert)

Cheers,
Gunther
Give a man a fish, he'll eat it and fall asleep.

Teach a man to fish and he'll endanger an entire species.

Bowlover
Egg

Re: Future of this forum?

Post#2 » Thu Mar 02, 2017 12:36 pm

You are right Gunther, is useless to spend your miney on this :-(

Adrian
True blue ridgie didge yabber

Post#3 » Fri Mar 10, 2017 1:09 am

It has been a great forum over the years Gunther, a must read for me. But yes, I think its time to say goodbye and save your money. In my opinion Facebook will never provide the great information that has been available from this forum. From my short experience of Facebook, most of the information provided is wrong and is mostly just a lot of rubbish. But I guess this is the way of todays world.

Thank you for your effort and it was much appreciated. Maybe one day people will realise what they lost!

Adrian Tappin

AussiePeter
Adult

Post#4 » Mon Mar 13, 2017 2:14 pm

It will suck to see it go as all the great info and pictures that have been posted will disappear. I'm not sure why everyone has stopped posting to the forum. I don't think they all ran away to facebook. I guess if no one asks a question then the forums don't do much.

Cheers
Peter

Gunther
Site Admin

Post#5 » Wed Mar 15, 2017 11:10 pm

Yeah, I'm kinda sad about it as well. I got to know many lovely people over the years thanks to forum and I'll never forget that.

In 2 days the webhosting will expire and the forum will go offline. Thanks to everyone who posted and engaged over the years.

May we meet again in another place! :drinks:
Give a man a fish, he'll eat it and fall asleep.

Teach a man to fish and he'll endanger an entire species.

Return to “Website news & Help”